Guidelines for Submitting Paper Dolls to OPDAG
Members are encouraged to create a paper doll in the theme of each issue.
Both amateur & professional work is accepted. Please submit clean, neat work.
You must be a current member to submit paper doll art.
Upcoming Themes & Deadlines:
Elizabeth Taylor, Extended to Nov. 30, 2017
Looking ahead: The 1930s, Christian Dior, The UK, Green
Click here for our list of past themes.
Theme Submission Guidelines:
1. Paper dolls may be done in the medium of your choice. Please send neat, clean art! Multiple pages/submissions are welcome but we may limit the number of items shown.
2. 8 1/2 x 11 format preferred. Be aware that we may change your layout to suit the space in an issue.
3. Do not fold! Please send flat.
4. Sign your first and last name on your art, and put your name and address on the back (make sure the ink doesn’t show through to the front). Include e-mail and web address if desired. If your work is for sale, please include price and shipping information.
5. There is no jurying of any kind, although we may limit the number of items shown. We will consider showing celebrity paper dolls as editorial content for theme art, however, OPDAG recommends the artist secure rights before offering the work for sale.
6. All artwork submitted will be kept by OPDAG unless return postage and packaging is provided.
7. If you have background information or a story relating to your paper doll, you’re welcome to include it as space allows in our Artists Talk section.
8. You must be a current OPDAG member to participate.
All artwork submitted will be kept by OPDAG unless return postage and packaging is provided. Artists must accept full responsibility for copyright of images depicted in their paper doll art. OPDAG assumes no responsibility.
Please send artwork via first class or priority mail to:
P.O. Box 14
Kingfield, ME 04947
We really hate to see artists spend extra money to send their work via overnight delivery to meet a deadline, so please note that there is a grace period following each deadline. So if artwork comes in a little late, most likely we can still include it in the publication. If you need to send artwork via Fed Ex or UPS, please contact Jenny at 800-290-2928 for a street delivery address.
Sending digital files for theme art:
Email high res (300 dpi) jpg or PDF files.
Contact Jenny via email or call 800-290-2928 for other electronic submission options.
We look forward to seeing your paper doll art!